View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:46 AM   #76
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packer fan thoughts

I'm all about the Packers winning right till they meet the Steelers in the Super Bowl again this year.
I just see this year's Pack like the 2004 Steelers who finished at 15-1, had a 13-0 run with Ben as a rookie, and lost in the AFC Championship to New England.
That's the game when they finally played a well-rounded ball club and all their deficiencies flared. It looked like they didn't even show up at a 41-27 loss.

The Pack had the number one softest schedule in the NFL this year. They're 27th in rushing the ball (granted, it hasn't mattered, but they haven't played a team with a decent secondary, or a secondary that wasn't nicked up).
The Defense gives up 21 points a game despite the fact that they hardly ever see the field.
They have been in a large number of very close games against very bad teams because of that imbalance, less so in this second half than the first half of the season, but the fact remains. I think they'd be in better shape with a couple losses and really well tested than where they sit today. But you gotta go with what you have, and the Packers have the most incredible offense I've seen since Kurt Warner's Rams. They are a joy to watch.

It's football. Any given Sunday. I'd love to see Aaron Rodgers get that perfect season if the Steelers aren't in the mix, and I absolutely LOVE to watch them play ball.