T.G
Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Modernist Cuisine

Thanks all.

This is for a commercial application. Very limited kitchen space at the present time and there isn't room on the line to add a proper pizza oven, so being the plant engineer and resident foodie, I'm trying to help our cooks out to make the best of the old Montague deck oven. Despite it's age, they are actually pretty good ovens, but they only go to 500F, and like most commercial ovens, lack broilers.

They don't have the equipment or manpower to be making dough, so it would be purchased through one of our suppliers. Thanks for the suggestion on the Ken Forkish book, it now has my attention for personal use.

I read a number of the threads on pizzamaking. com before I posted here about MC, while there is a lot of information there, but I still want to go back to the original source. Steel plates are wonderful, but a 24x24x3/8 plate to fit the oven would be 60lbs. It might happen, but still like to see the other option.

I saw the $20 pdf allegedly of the MC books early on, the problem there is that there was no official licensed pdf / e-book release. Seems sketchy to pay someone for pirated / unlicensed material.

It's also possible that due to labor they will go to a par-baked flatbread instead, which will simplify things a lot. All that will need is a stone overhead.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote