View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #2
chippewastud79
Fatter than you!

First Name: Larry
Trading: (44)
Partagas
chippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to beholdchippewastud79 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Tough Mudder - anyone done it? someone talk some sanity into me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectrrr View Post
http://toughmudder.com

For some very strange reason, I'm seriously considering this.... why is that strange? Because I'm 27 years old, 5'10" 160lbs, never played sports, never worked out, have no cardio stamina ("run" a mile? you a funny man!)

But a friend has got a team together and is doing it and invited me. (did I mention he and half is team is ex-USMC?)... and for some hair-brained reason I'm actually considering it...

I don't want to slow down my team... and I'd only have 2.5 months to train...

Advice? talk me out of it? talk me into it?
My brother has done a few, he certainly isn't an athlete in trainning, but he does run on a regular basis. I would not go into it thinking it will be easier than it actually is. If nothing else, I would suspect the team you are planning on going with will be waiting for a long time for you at most obstacles. The adventure would be fun, but I would find a different team to experience the first one.