View Single Post
Old 10-14-2015, 01:29 PM   #5
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Considering a cruise.....

If you're going to Old San Juan in Puerto Rico I have a recommendation. My wife and I went there about two years ago and none of the excursions really appealed to us. So we waited until all of the excursions left the ship, walked out of the port, and took a taxi to the fort, Castillo San Felipe del Morro. We did the self-guided tour which was very interesting and there are some great views from the fort, too. Then we slowly wandered back down to the port (it's not that far and is all downhill), sightseeing, shopping for rum and cigars, and having an awesome lunch at one of the local restaurants (the shrimp mofungo was friggin' awesome!).

In St Thomas we took the Sky Ride up to Paradise Point. It was an absolutely phenomenal view. If you're going to do this, check online for ticket prices before you book through the cruise ship; you'll almost certainly be able to get them cheaper just walking up to the window and buying them vs. through the ship.