View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #42
ChicagoWhiteSox

Default Re: Cuban disappointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
You can say the same thing about Cuban smokers who only smoke one or two "premium" NC and declared them as one dimensional, too strong and/or nicotine bomb. There are far too many non cuban cigars out there that will rival, if not exceed cuban cigars in terms of quality and consistency*, flavor and complexity**.

Regardless of where the tobacco was planted, if you look hard enough, you can find something that you will enjoy or be disappointed with.

*NC use to be so much better with these but Habanos is getting better the last 5 years or so

**Cuban cigars use to be the king in this area but all you need to do is try some of the new J Fuego, Oliva, Fuente, La Flor Dominicana and Pepin to change your mind.

For me, and I know many others too, I've smoked many NC's. I still do smoke many NC's. After a fairly large sample (I say fairly large because some old farts here have been smoking cigars for 20+ years) I have to say NC's don't even come CLOSE to the complexity and flavors as CC's. Not only that, but I can't get past the harshness most, not all, NC's have. It's just my two cents. My opinion. Nothing more. But I can say that I have not smoked just 1 or 2, or even 100 NC's and have written them off based on those cigars. I've smoked many NC's. (and I still do smoke NC's, I enjoy some NC's)