wayner123
Country Gentleman

Trading: (159)
Trinidad
wayner123 has disabled reputation
Default Re: La Méthode de Jacques Puisais

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayaker View Post
I have heard of this before and I believe it was from this vid on the CA site.

One disadvantage of this method is not being able to test the draw before lighting up. Is that a big deal? IDK. Anyone?
I too thought this would be a problem and so far have not run into yet. But if I do, I have a really nice draw poker to fix the problem.

I do want to add that while the "3 match method" is a nice one, it's not the same as the "Puisais method". The main importance of the Puisais is in the blowing smoke out first. The 3 match just claims to not cut before hand but doesn't address the issue of blowing out first. This is key in using this method. Not only should you wait to cut it till the end is properly lit, but the first puff or two should be blown out, instead of in.

In my own method I have combined the two:

1. Light cigar foot with a soft flame. I use about 3-4 matches and in between each new match, I wave the cigar around helping to "stoke the fire".

2. After I am satisfied with the foot and the cherry on it, I then cut the head and then blow out 1 or 2 good times, just as you would do when purging a cigar (minus the lighting of the gases).

3. Smoke and enjoy.