View Single Post
Old 12-30-2009, 03:07 PM   #82
CheapHumidors
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Dave
Trading: (0)
CheapHumidors is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Junk customer service at cheap humidors

This has got to be one of the most bizarre, funny, and entertaining threads I'ev had the distinct pleasure to read. Man o' man. I spit my coffee out on my beautiful dual 29 inch monitors. Thats gunna suck to clean off.

So this is how I see it. We sent an item, it didn't get there in perfect condition. So, as a retailer, and a man of integrity, not to mention devilishly handsom this is what we offered. 1) pick the item up and offer a full refund, 2) pick the item up and send a replacement, or 3) you keep the item and we give you a discount. I think either of those options is pretty fair. However to be called out on those options as being not sufficient doesnt seem fair to me. It isn't like I had somebody in the warehouse jump on the thing before it was sent. It also traveled like 1500 miles, so ya know, poo happens. We were trying to help without the customer incurring any costs. Now, as for the duties thing, and reducing the price on the invoice and "falsifying documents" so the customer pays less, well, you know, I don't want people to have to pay more than they want for customs, duties, brokerage fees, etc, but I also can't jeapordize my company or the 10 people who work for me so somebody can save $40, so matter how much I like them. That isn't to say that sometimes things might "slip" through the cracks

Anways, this thread has taken its own turn, twist and path. I hope I cleared some things up. But as always, feel free to gimme a shout anytime at my personal email addy dave at cheaphumidors.com

Healthy and Happy New Year to you all
CheapHumidors is offline   Reply With Quote