View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Skywalker
BABOTL

First Name: Dice
Trading: (18)
Partagas
Skywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud ofSkywalker has much to be proud of
Default Pinar Del Río Habano Oscuro

This cigar was gifted to me by my good friend Kriss (NickyTeen)!!!

As advertised:
Pinar Del Río Oscuro is rolled for the dark wrapper enthusiast. Utilizing a maduro wrapper leaf, Oscuro is a strong cigar that is supremely clean, a rare feat that is seldom accomplished by cigar factories today. with a silky texture.

Wrapper: Habano Oscuro / Dom. Rep
Binder: Habano / Dom. Rep
Filler: Nicaraguan / Dom. Rep
Vitola: Toro

I had never tried these and I was thankful for the opportunity. Prelight draw was smooth. Upon toasting I received a nice floral smell.

Sometimes the term Oscuro frightens me because I think of a cigar that is strong. The flavor of this cigar was buttered toast and roasted nuts!!! Very enjoyable. At the 1/4 mark it stared having some burn issues and as you can see it started to curl. It eventually straightened out.

The smoke coming from the cigar was blue and very fragrant! A lot of smoke was pouring from both ends of this cigar. At the half way mark the flavors became more intense and I started to believe this cigar could easily be equal to the 601 Oscuro.

I went into this with no expectations and received one of the best surprises... This is a fine cigar!!! Past the half way point and I skirted the band up a little. I really enjoy this cigar! Sunny day and a great cup of coffee to help bring out those nice coffee notes!!! Yum!!!

At this point I was expecting the flavor to become bitter or for the flavor to become unbalanced but to my pleasant surprise the flavor stayed consistent and enjoyable with no bitterness.

This cigar is now on my list of what to buy!!! I enjoyed every minute of this experience!!! The flavor is just what I look for in a cigar - Buttery, nutty, and coffee!!!

Total smoke time took 1 hour and 40 minutes.

Construction/Appearance: 9 out of 10
Flavor Balance: 9 out of 10
Strength: Medium (I had a little tingle afterwards but in a good way)
Over all experience: 9 out of 10
Value: This was gifted but I expect to pay $6.00 to $8.00 per stick

Would I smoke it again? Oh yeah!!!

Thank you Kriss!!!

Smoke what you like!!!

Last edited by Da Klugs; 02-07-2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: User request oops issue
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote