View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 02:24 PM   #1416
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

EMO, gotta love that St. Augustine Grass.....

Tyler, I was just poking you with a stick, lol.

I agree that modernization is career genocide these days. I have been taking 35mm shots since 1978 when my
dad gave me a "Sears" Mamiya Sekor in High School, but I was never that good at it because the actual camera
body was a Salvation Army pickup, a little worn out, too messed up to trade in for somebody. All the lenses and
stuff I could throw at it never really got the right results. I slowly just became a camera perv, worrying more about
taking pix of chix than composing art. But I could time a cheerleader's high kick like an ace.

I never took the next step and picked up a good body, I got into the USAF and lost the bug. Still kept shooting women
though. But as a career, I have been using video cameras for 25 years and for fun using my trusty Canon Powershot A200
for my "glamour photog" business, read "getting girls in clubs to believe I could take great nudes for them and produce a CD
of the images and never show them around. Which I held to basically, even to this day. I picked up this camera because the A200
is a great little instamatic, but B&H had a nice SX1 IS refurb that I just decided I wanted, and not for nothing, because this megapixel
war is not doing ANYBODY any favors. I figured I needed to get one while the getting was good. They keep stacking pixels on the
same size sensor and it's gonna bite the whole segment in the a55. But never worry, if your pictures are good enough, you can sell them.
That's how I got my current job, I made a commercial and tried to sell it to my current boss, and rather than buy the spot,
he bought ME.

------edit---------

As for "around here", don't take it as total career genocide, becuase people here do the same thing all the time. I call it
the yuppie circus, although I don't mean to be insulting to ANYONE. The get into roasting their own beans, owning
suicidal looking razors to shave with, they collect wine, port, cigars, pipes, pipe tobacco, all in bulk and all in on everything...
And then 80% of them drop it like a bad habit. SO yeah, this is a tough place to sell photos, lol.

My Old camera Elph Powershot sd200...state of the art in 2004, lol. Still works though.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg canon_powershot_sd200_digital_elph.jpg (6.0 KB, 213 views)

Last edited by OLS; 07-05-2011 at 02:37 PM.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote