View Single Post
Old 03-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #4281
Will herf for food

First Name: Mike
Trading: (9)
VR
357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold357 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

I got two items for my birthday yesterday to contribute to my new hobby, smoking meat.

I got BBQ gloves which are like a thick rubber with texture on the hands and fingers for handling hot smoked meat.

I also received a vintage Enterprise brand hand crank meat grinder. It's a #10 size and has a table/counter mount clamp. Enterprise is now known by the name Chop-Rite and are still maid in the USA. While mine is old, it still functional and has the originally tin coating on the cast iron. There is minor wear but I can't wait to try it out. I am really wanting to learn how to make my own sausage. Next I need a feeder tube, casing, and an Amaze-N smoker tube for cold smoking. I should be able to get that with some of my birthday cash.