Jason
the thing under the thing

Trading: (4)
Bolivar
Jason will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Robusto "C" Reviews/Discussions

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
Hmmm, interesting. Is it because the cigars have been so good? Or, because the name was one you liked, when you smoked one with the band on it you graded it higher than it really deserved?

Again, I will ask the question of whether the poor performance was because it had done thousands of miles of travel in adverse temperature conditions - and if that affected the performance of this cigar?
I would say it's because the cigars were consistently decent. One of the first Tats I ever had was a brown banded pyramide, like a no2 in size and it was other-worldly delicious. I ended up rather disappointed with every one I had after that early one, they didn't come close to measuring up, but they were decent cigars. I like to think I don't care about a name, that it doesn't affect my perception of flavor, I'm frugal but don't have trouble paying for true quality, probably why I've not smoked a ton of Tatuaje. Aside from that pyramide I've found them decent but not worth the price they fetch.

On travel and conditions, I do not know. In my experience I like cigars off the truck but then they have a short period where they need to be left alone to come around, by short I mean a week or so, and I can usually get a feel for that through a box, but this was a smaller sample so it may very well have a been a factor
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote