View Single Post
Old 07-25-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Car buying possibly gone wrong?

I am not sure if we have anyone here that may know what if anything I can do, but you never know til you ask.

About six weeks ago I bought a used car from a local dealer. I had never dealt with this dealer before but they have a really good reputation from people who have bought there.

This car is a 2014 Chevy Cruze. It was for a decent price. During the conversation with the salesman he advised me that he knew what kind of car we were getting because he traded it in himself. His teenage daughter has driven the car and it only had 26K miles on it. The car is in excellent shape as far as I can tell. During the buying process the guy showed me a "clean" carfax. We bought the car.

Today I went to get a quote on auto insurance with a local insurance guy and he was able to substantially beat what I was currently paying. When we were entering all the vehicle information, he asked me how long I had the car and I told him about six weeks. He then shows me that the car has had two previous claims that were paid on it. One for a little over 200 bucks and the other for a little over 2500 bucks. I realize that carfax doesn't have everything on a vehicle most or some of the time. My problem is that fact that he claims a clean carfax when he had prior knowledge that the vehicle had prior damage and he didn't disclose it to me. I figure he probably didn't do anything illegal but was wondering what if anything yall would do in my place? I messaged him tonight and basically said I was dismayed about it all and he messages back and says it wasn't that bad, that a deer had ran out in front of the car and a headlight and fenders were replaced and it seems by the amount that it was worse than it was. My problem is the at the least the ethics of it, but maybe i am an idiot to expect a car salesman to have any (no offense to any car salesmen or salesladies here).

I am in Florida if that matters, I know laws vary from state to state.

Last edited by G G; 07-25-2016 at 07:24 PM.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote