View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
rhdad42

Default My First Taboo Twist (and my first review)

For my Secret Santa, RUJohnny99 was generous enough to send me a Taboo sampler. Included in this was a Twist Toro Grande. The other night, a buddy of mine and I went out to the man den to enjoy the Ed Harris western, Appaloosa (great movie, btw), some Golden Monkey Ale and a cigar. I saw the Twist beckoning me from the top shelf of my humidor and figured it was time.

Boy am I glad I chose that cigar. I cannot remember the last time a cigar impressed me as much as this one did. The craftsmanship was exquisite – this was one beautiful cigar. Both wrapper leaves were flawless, and the cap was well-fitted. The cigar felt nice and firm to the touch. I thought cutting was going to be a challenge because of the size, but I used a pair of cigar scissors my wife had given me a few years ago. Lighting was easy, and the initial draw was tight but not too tight. Almost immediately, the room was filling with beautiful, creamy white smoke.

The Twist started out smooth and easy and stayed that way for the duration. The combination of the sweet maduro and the creamy mild spice of the Connecticut wrapper made for a wonderful combination of flavor and aroma. It got better and better as it went along, combining tastes of toasted nuts and caramel. I was upset when I got to the end.

This bad boy was a sweet, creamy delight, and I can't wait until the next one! Rob, this is one heck of a cigar! Thanks to you and to RUJohnny99.