YNWA

First Name: Peter
Trading: (20)
RA
pnoon has disabled reputation
Default Re: SAMs Club humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCigar View Post
Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
Anyone who looked at this humidor & actually thought that the bottom half was a sealed humidor didn't look hard enough. The bottom half is clearly a wine storage rack with a shelf for sealed boxes or another humidor, which is what I use it for. Furthermore, those of you who are making the claim that the top section wont hold humidity don't know WTF you are talking about, as I have about 100 Cigars in the top section, with one rectangular humidifier filled with distilled water, & the humidity level has stayed around 75% to 70%.
The only problems that I had was with the black plastic rectangular humidifiers & velcro that came with the unit. The velcro would not stick to the wood inside the humidor. I ordered a metallic gold colored humidifier with the magnetic attachment system & it works great. I'm not using the 4 humidifiers that came with the unit.
Plus, the top lid didn't have a handle on it to lift it open, so I went to Menards & bought a small cabinet handle to match the luck hardware & installed it on the lid in the front center.
Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.
Dale Carnegie, you're not.