bobarian
Cranky Habanophile

Trading: (51)
ERdM
bobarian has disabled reputation
Default Re: SAMs Club humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCigar View Post
Wow. I find this site because I bought this humidor at Sams & did a search to find out more info about it & happen to come across this site. Being the Cigar fan that I am, I join & respond to the thread about this humidor, & a few guys draw the conclusion that I am the CEO of this company? WTF is wrong with you clowns?
Anyone who looked at this humidor & actually thought that the bottom half was a sealed humidor didn't look hard enough. The bottom half is clearly a wine storage rack with a shelf for sealed boxes or another humidor, which is what I use it for. Furthermore, those of you who are making the claim that the top section wont hold humidity don't know WTF you are talking about, as I have about 100 Cigars in the top section, with one rectangular humidifier filled with distilled water, & the humidity level has stayed around 75% to 70%.
The only problems that I had was with the black plastic rectangular humidifiers & velcro that came with the unit. The velcro would not stick to the wood inside the humidor. I ordered a metallic gold colored humidifier with the magnetic attachment system & it works great. I'm not using the 4 humidifiers that came with the unit.
Plus, the top lid didn't have a handle on it to lift it open, so I went to Menards & bought a small cabinet handle to match the luck hardware & installed it on the lid in the front center.
Remember, this unit originally was prices at $299 at Sams, but they weren't selling so I knew they would cut the price. Sure enough, they were cut to $199. This is a well build piece & looks great in my den. It is a steal at $199.
We tend to respect the opinions of those member who actually choose to introduce themselves and participate actively in the forum.

Blanket statements regarding the quality of the seal only show ignorance. Even the CEO does not claim 100% perfection. Things can happen in both QC and in shipping from his factory.
bobarian is offline   Reply With Quote