View Single Post
Old 08-01-2013, 06:50 AM   #1026
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: The Official Asylum Reef Tank Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I'd really just rather go back to keeping fresh water local fish like crappies and bass and stuff. That's FUN.
I know I have told this story in the Asylum, but when I was in college, I had a 29 gallon tank in my dorm room.
In it was just a plain old bluegill I had caught one day, kinda small. But it had grown to be quite a pet. I had
masking tape stretched across the top in a web to discourage leaps of faith on it's part. The reason I did that
was that down the center of the 4 man dorm room, a sweet, LARGE corner unit, there was a long, continuous
desk and above it a equally long bank of fluorescent lights, so I figured, "Why waste money on a lighted cover?"
One day I had a chunk of tubifex worms torn off the block and ready to feed and I got a knock on the door.
I put the chunk on a strip of that tape, and turned to answer the door. I opened the door and heard a LOUD splash.
I whipped around and saw the fish still in the tank, and worms floating out of it's gills. I thought WTF, and the
dude who came in the room said he jumped up out of the water. It hit me instantly what he had done, so I put
another piece of food on the tape and didn't have to wait but about 5 seconds and he jumped up and hit the tape
with his nose and the chunk of worms fell in the water and he scarfed it up. I used that as a trick from then on,
and people got a real kick out of it, especially stoned people, of which there were many over the ensuing months
in that dorm room. When I transferred to another school, I let him go back in Bayou Lafourche.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote