white_s2k
The Dude Abides

First Name: Josh
Trading: (20)
white_s2k is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Buying Loose Diamonds Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Quan View Post
Is this for an engagement ring? One of the fun (stressful) parts about going through the process off picking out the diamond for my fiancee was actually looking at different stones. One of my good friends was a is a jeweler at a local independent shop. So when I went in I told him what I wanted to spend and he pulled out some stuff for me to see in my price range. I got to see some small but really nice ( I guess, I don't know) stuff and some bigger stones that an an inclusion or color in it. I know that the fact that I put so much thought into the stone is really important to Kathryn and I know if I bought the same one online she would love it but it's wouldn't have the background.
It is for an engagement ring. I have done quite a bit of shopping and looking around at local stores and shops (chains and independent). I'm seeing a noticeable price difference online compared to the same quality and size diamonds that I've been seeing in the store. It'd be nice to save the extra cash and go with a nicer setting. Just looking for some feedback, thanks.