View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 10:18 AM   #57
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
Good choice with Brees. I want you to tell me why he doesn't have a contract after we're done with this conversation. That absolutely baffles me...
Umm, the Saints are idiots? I've got nothing. All-pro quarterback who's an even better human being who joined not only a franchise in disarray, but an entire city and led the charge in helping rebuild both.
Quote:
How the hell did I never hear about the teabagging incident? It wasn't actually a teabagging, he dropped the sack and crack on her face al a Ben Affleck.
Yeah, there's really not a name for that though, is there? Teabagging definitely gets the point across.
Quote:
That was in '96 when he was still a kid in college. I'm sure he imagined it was a perfectly acceptable stupid kid/jock move at the time, I wonder what this cost Archie? The suit was brought against Peyton and Archie both.
If I recanted 3% of the stuff I did at that age, you 1.) wouldn't believe it and 2.) would give me a pass based on the man I am now.
Hell, even at this point I think I'd throw the nuts over your shoulder just to get a laugh.
I do see where you're coming from, though. Had I known about that way back when, I may have a different perception of him now. But from this end going backwards, and the lack of dirt from there forward, I think he got the message.
I don't hold it against him per se, because we all did stupid stuff when we were 21 years old (and I can't even imagine being 21 years old and having an entire state worship the ground you walk on). It just makes me smirk to hear people talk about how classy he is, then picturing him sitting on a female trainer's face like it was a toilet seat.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote