View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 09:11 AM   #56
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
To be fair, I love Marshawn Lynch the football player, not Marshawn Lynch the human being. That being said, it looks like he's turned a corner in his life and his gotten his head out of his arse. Good for him.

I'd be afraid that Manning wouldn't like the pot roast and I'd get the, "Manning Face."

As far as a class act, I know it's not fair, but whenever I think of Peyton Manning one of the first things that pop into my mind is him teabagging a female trainer at Tennessee.

But as to your question, the answer for me is Drew Brees.
Good choice with Brees. I want you to tell me why he doesn't have a contract after we're done with this conversation. That absolutely baffles me...
How the hell did I never hear about the teabagging incident? It wasn't actually a teabagging, he dropped the sack and crack on her face al a Ben Affleck. That was in '96 when he was still a kid in college. I'm sure he imagined it was a perfectly acceptable stupid kid/jock move at the time, I wonder what this cost Archie? The suit was brought against Peyton and Archie both.
If I recanted 3% of the stuff I did at that age, you 1.) wouldn't believe it and 2.) would give me a pass based on the man I am now.
Hell, even at this point I think I'd throw the nuts over your shoulder just to get a laugh.
I do see where you're coming from, though. Had I known about that way back when, I may have a different perception of him now. But from this end going backwards, and the lack of dirt from there forward, I think he got the message.