View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 08:37 AM   #55
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Colts to Release Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
One last thing...
I don't think Peyton is about cashing in, as evidenced by him rejecting the $100,000,000 guaranteed deal the Colts wrote him last summer. Had he accepted it, he's still a Colt and gets that $28,000,000 last week. He did it himself with the future of the Colts organization and his love for Jim Irsay and the Colts in mind. It also speaks volumes about what Jim Irsay thinks of Peyton.
Peyton literally saved that franchise with that move, and you never hear anything about it. He's a class act all the way, and you hear all about his ego all the time. That's a super-selfish, egotistical move, for sure. ollseyes:
Point being, Miami will pay him absolutely anything to play there. Literally anything. $100,000,000 guaranteed for 5 years? Done in a heartbeat and he never has to throw a ball for them, have a pro day, or prove anything. His word is is worth $100,000,000, easy. That's because he's earned that respect. If he says he can and will play, that's good enough.
His paycheck is the least of his worries, and I don't think he'll take guaranteed money from his next team except for the first year, and I think he does that simply to see that they are truly committed to him. I'd not bat an eye if he gave it back were he not to play. That's the kind of class he has.

Weeze and I have been huge Peyton fans for years, he's one of the very few ball players that I've ever thought of with great respect, where we'd have them over for dinner. Elway is another. Hines Ward is another, but not on the same plane as Peyton and Elway. Tony Dorsett is another (for me, I can't speak for Weeze, she's a HUGE Elway fan, me, not so much, but I get it.)

I know Stephen is in love with Marshawn Lynch, but I don't think he has Lynch on that plane.
Do you guys have any football players you think of like that?
To be fair, I love Marshawn Lynch the football player, not Marshawn Lynch the human being. That being said, it looks like he's turned a corner in his life and his gotten his head out of his arse. Good for him.

I'd be afraid that Manning wouldn't like the pot roast and I'd get the, "Manning Face."

As far as a class act, I know it's not fair, but whenever I think of Peyton Manning one of the first things that pop into my mind is him teabagging a female trainer at Tennessee.

But as to your question, the answer for me is Drew Brees.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote