First Name: Geoff
Trading: (2)
Cuaba
mithrilG60 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Properly Seasoning a New Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinsFan88 View Post
I know that.

I don't mind spending $ on cigars when I can, or giving cigars months or even a year or two to age nicely in a humidor. I just wanna make sure I know exactly what all I need to buy when I go to buy my humidor is all...
You've already been told what you need to know several times in this thread? What we're not sure of is why you keep re-asking the same question? The answer isn't going to change just because you've rephrased the question with slightly a different wording. At the risk of repeating, yet again, the advise already given to you several times in this thread:

There are 2 main types of beads; HCM/Shilala and Heartfelt. Both have guides for the care and use of their products on their websites. Both vendors have a calculator on their websites which will tell you how much of their beads you need for the volume of your humidor. Both also sell digital hygrometers. Just pick one, both are very good products which you'll be happy with.

This is what you need to know:

1. Buy humidor.
2. Buy digital hygrometer & beads.
3. Season humidor; see first post in this thread for the most time honoured method.
4. Add beads and cigars.
5. Allow time (ie. weeks) for humidor to stablize.
5. Monitor RH% and adjust amount of beads over time as required to achieve your desired humidity level.

It really doesn't get any simpler than that. If that doesn't make enough sense or explain it well enough then you're really not going to find the answers you're looking for here.
mithrilG60 is offline   Reply With Quote