Thread: Plasma or LCD?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 06:47 PM   #84
barbourjay

Default Re: Plasma or LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvitola View Post
Regarding LCD screens have a tendency to blur images, that was true for older generation (higher pixel response) LCD screens. On newer models it is almost negligible. Just as negligable as the "burn in" issues on Plasma now.

Viewing angles are also siginificantly better on newer LCD sets now.

Regarding life expectancy, it is reassuring to know you will most likely get 60,000 plus hours with an LCD. Great point to consider if you are looking for a work horse TV in the well lit family room that the kids are going to punish.
here's the only thing i will comment on about LCD's again. i still see blur. when i purchased my pioneer mid-way through the year all the manufacturers had released this years models LCD's and i ended up trying 5 of them out at my house before i decided LCD was not for me. all had motion blur issues especially with 24p play back on blu-ray. some were over processed causing the film to look fake or sped-up. some were too laggy and comparing two LCD's side by side one would sometimes be almost a quarter second behind if not more. keep in mind a plasma doesn't have a 4ms response time like LCD's do, they are way way faster than LCD's.

BTW, LCD's should last longer than 60k and plasma are way above that marker for half life now.

if anyone is still wanting to learn more i'd highly recommend avsforum. i've been a member there for more than a few years now.

current setup

denon 1909
klipsch rf-82's
klipsch rc-62
klipsch rs-52
klipsch R-2650-C
Epik Castle sub
Gik acoustic panels and a few bass traps
Pioneer 5010
samsung bdp-1500 (won it at work )