Thread: Plasma or LCD?
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 05:59 PM   #82
RGD.
God Like Status

First Name: Ron
Trading: (1)
VR Army (Served With Honor)
RGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura aboutRGD. has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Plasma or LCD?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JE3146 View Post
. . .

Blu-ray isn't going anywhere.... as much as people love to think.
Personally I look forward to the day that I actually pick up a Blu-Ray player. But that date will have to wait on two things - one I get the basement remodeled (with new tv set and theater system - and the most important - when I can burn my own Blu-Ray movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicvitola View Post
Regarding LCD screens have a tendency to blur images, that was true for older generation (higher pixel response) LCD screens. On newer models it is almost negligible. Just as negligable as the "burn in" issues on Plasma now.

Viewing angles are also siginificantly better on newer LCD sets now.

Regarding life expectancy, it is reassuring to know you will most likely get 60,000 plus hours with an LCD. Great point to consider if you are looking for a work horse TV in the well lit family room that the kids are going to punish.

I have never noticed any blurring on my Sony Bravia. But yes I have seen it on other sets.

Plasma verse LCD - two different types cause one is not perfect for everyone. I tend to pause what I am watching quite often - sometimes for an hour or so. I also have my computer hooked up to it - can't do that with a Plasma. So really each person needs to decide what's best for them.

That said - once the basement is remodeled I will buy a Plasma for that room. Lighting will be lower, no computers hooked up to it - no games connected to it.

Ron
RGD. is offline   Reply With Quote