View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 04:05 PM   #1581
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Well guys, I must apologize. The Pappy has all vanish, and today, I found out why.

I went to the three biggest liquor stores in the Las Vegas/Henderson Area. A Total Wine was one of them and that is where I got the info about Pappy's availability.

When I saw a bunch of Pappy on the shelves, it was either the first week or second week of January. It was explained to me today that Pappy is a very limited production and even more limited with distribution. The killer is that it is only distributed in the month of December, each year. Once a year!

The "Total Wine" I was at said that they only received less than half of what they had ordered and that it came in a couple of days after Christmas. What they did receive, was all sold out by the end of January. They won't get any more until December.

Had I known when I saw it in early January, I would have picked up a few bottles. I have a nearly full bottle of 15yo old left and that's it!