View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 01:22 AM   #6421
michael88n
Finger Sniffer

First Name: Michael
Trading: (3)
Punch Army (Retired)
michael88n is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What cigar did you smoke today VI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
And?
I was pleasantly surprised. After taking the cello off, it smelled really strong (and not the kind of strong I like). The draw was a little loose (better than being a little tough, I guess).
The first third had only a little spice and was more reminiscent of a campfire (outdoors?) (je ne sais quoi...I don't have the words). I was glad that the flavor did not match the pre-light scent.
The second third was a train wreck. It required constant touch ups and there was ash everywhere. Pepper was more apparent. I started to dislike it, due to the attention that the stick needed.
At the halfway point though, everything settled down! I loved it. It required no more touch ups. The ash quit flaking on my shirt. Somehow it got sweeter and more spice on the retro. Very enjoyable down to the nub. I should have taken some pictures, 'cause all I got left is the nub and the band.
This toro was a commitment. I didn't look at a clock when I started, but I was on the porch for just about two hours. Except for the 10-ish minutes of touch ups and ashing everywhere, I loved it. And Like I said at the beginning, I didn't know if it was going to be my kind of thing or not. Maybe the stick I got was kind of wonky, but I'll certainly give this Thang another try.