Jordan #2

First Name: Jordan
Trading: (26)
Partagas
JE3146 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The new Dominos Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLS View Post
I am not sure the commercial qualifies as bad marketing. Pizza is a tough racket. If your pizza sucks, it takes balls to go on national TV and tell it like it is. They are not saying they thought their pizza sucked, they are saying the PUBLIC thought their pizza sucked. And it did. If they turn their situation around, no one will remember the spots in 5 years. "Where's the BEEF!" it ain't. You would be surprised what passes for "rules" in advertising. Bottom line, there are no rules. Just success and failure. I think this will be a success. But it will not be worth the time if the peole on the phone do not continue to recognize what a huge part they play. In Memphis, I gave up calling for Pizza, cause all you get is slack jawed idiots who can barely speak english and think they are doing somebody a favor by coming in and doing nothing for 8 hours in exchange for their low pay they agreed to work for.
I order online. Dominos is by far the easiest place to order from online that I've experienced.

Hell it even tracks the progress of your pizza down to the name of the person who put the toppings on it.

And this thread just goes to show how subjective pizza is. Personally I can't stand Papa Murphey's, but liked the new Dominos and some are completely the opposite, which is entirely alright.

My favorite pizza place in town is still a place called American Dream Pizza, which is so popular here that even Obama stopped by for a pizza while coming through Oregon on campaign .
JE3146 is offline   Reply With Quote