View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:56 AM   #13
TOB9595
Managing the UnManageable

First Name: Tom
Trading: (12)
TOB9595 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: TOB9595's COFFEE JOURNEY

I'm getting the technique of making MOKA POT SPRESSO.
AND
FRENCH PRESS... This is a no brainer..Coarsest setting on my burr grinder...hmmm I forget, without looking it up, how much weight of beanz for my 34 ounce press. But it's a breeze..
The MOKA POT.....
NOW THIS REQUIRES PATIENCE and TIME to be really good....
no!....GREAT

What is my technique? You ask???

WELL:
Good tastin fresh BEaNZ..Mine come from a NJ guy..
UNCLEBEANZ.COM

GREAT
FRESH
VARIETAL
Good stuff.
Today was my best spresso...EVER...
- I ground UNCLEBEANZ.COM SANTA RITA NATURAL

hMMM my bag of ground beanz is from 11/11/08.
I've been a slacker in making my coffee the last few weeks and it shows in that I have two bags of beanz that I haven't gotten to yet
YUmmm

- filtered room temp water to the line in the bottom water section of my Bialetti (sp) MOKA POT.

- filled and LIGHTly packed...hahahaha, Mr Moo,,,,tamped or filled the grind basket. Tamping it a bit so the steam SLOWLY filters up through the grinds is a practiced art. I mound the grinds...just like Mr Moo shows here in his MOKA POT thread

- I clean the mating surface of the top part and the bottom so there is a clean tight seal...this is IMPORTANT!

- screw the top on tightly. FIRSTLY making sure the threads and gasket have NO caked coffee on it.

- my stove has a small burner and I put the pot on simmer with the lid closed. YES! I can now hear when the process is over. There is a discernible change in sound when making spresso and the bottom tank pretty empty of water.

- TOOK 15 MINUTES FOR ME TO MAKE A 3 CUP POT from lighting stove to finished spresso

It was GREAT spresso...
2 3 ounce shots for Kevin as he heads off to base in the 16 degree COLD morning...
AND 1 3 ounce shot for me.
- about 8 minutes between empty of the MOKA POT to cooling, cleaning then repacking...hahahahaha..(..there it is again Mr MOO....) the MOKA POT

- You should have a pretty tight puck of ground coffee in the basket when you clean it out.
So this 3 pots cost me an hour...Which is too much...I will be getting either two 3 cup MOKA POTS or ONE 6 up MOKA POT..
DEPENDING on what info I receive about any wasted ground coffee in using the 6 cup.

I heated my mug in hot water then added milk and sugar. I'll be getting some hazelnut cream and half/half for the futures' cups...

OH YEAH!!!
I lit up a CAO CX2 that have been coming. 1 stick free, with an order from Famous. Smoked it as I waited for each of three pots made to cook...
I wasn't too impressed when I was smoking it last night. I put it in the tray inside the house where the humi is 45.....6 hours later I lit it up and appreciated the taste a bit more but nothing to write home about...
BUT it was a good accompany to the spresso...MOST ANY smoke is good with spresso.

I usually smoke outside..First time in a loong time I smoked inside the house. I;ll be spraying PURE AYRE,
I bought it here

I have no opinion if it is effective or not. Today will be the first spraying experience. I got the home brew not the marine brew.
There are lots of posts on this product. Google round ...
Tom
TOB9595 is offline   Reply With Quote