View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:03 AM   #9
Emjaysmash
The Hebrew Hammer

First Name: M.J.
Trading: (76)
Emjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to beholdEmjaysmash is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Yay, another slope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuckus13 View Post
Well my stuff came in today, and I had my first pipe smoking experience. Unfortunately I was really underwhelmed by it all. I think I made a mistake getting two Latakia blends. I guess because I'm a cigar smoker and have never dealt with the stuff it's absolutely all I could taste out of the pipe, burning leafs and wood. Keeping the pipe lit was also frustrating and nerve wrecking. I know that I will get better with a pipe but I don't know what I'm going to do with these blends.
Keep on keeping on! Pipes can be frustrating when you first start, but trust me- you WILL be rewarded!!
Smoke some more, vary your technique of puffing, trade out the tobaccos you don't like for others. Its very similiar to starting with cigars. We all had to learn how to toast, puff enough to keep it lit but not too much to hotbox the thing! You'll get it in no time!