Look Away! I'm Hideous!!

First Name: Alex
Trading: (9)
PL
FrequenC is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Humi Leak or Paranoia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by goalie204 View Post
Alex, I had a very similar problem, after seasoning i was dropping to as low as 52-54% - I believe the culprit is the winter. My ambient humidity is around 20% and I am currently re-seasoning my humidor for 14 days just because of the paranoia that the first time it may not have absorbed proper moisture (again because of cold weather) But i have beads on the way and hopefully 14 days of seasoning + beads will help. I'm also considering putting my humidor in a closet along with my room humidifier just so it can have a more humid place to live for the remainder of the cold season. Damn you cold Canadian weather! Hope this helps

Haha damn Canadian weather indeed! Thanks for the reply Myles! I'll probably just settle down with the OHD (Obsessive Humidity Disorder ) and just keep adding distilled water to the beads as needed for the remainder of the winter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langod View Post
Alex,
Do you have enough beads? I've read a few recommendations that you get twice as many beads as would normally be needed for your humi, if your wintertime climate has low humidity.

I've got about 2-3 times the required amount of beads so I'm good in that department