borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: LONSDALE love!

Record Bond #3 (7" X 42)

Another old obscure brand resurrected by the folks at Cigar Page (?). I grabbed these at the same time as the Merchant's Queen. The sizes of the two brands are identical. *Side note* It's nice to see new cigar brands that aren't completely comprised of horse d*ck sized cigars.

Nice looking cigar with a shiny wrapper. Draw is *just* a little tight, but that's to be expected since this cigar has only dryboxed for 2 days. According to CP, the wrapper is Ecuador Habano and the fillers are from Pennsylvania, Condega, and Esteli. Sounds like it should be a unique blend.

First few draws...straight tobacco on the draw, floral through the nose. A bit of a unique spicy flavor that I really can't describe. It leaves a very unique spice type flavor and a nice tangy sensation on the palate between draws. Just on the full side of medium "strength."

About 1" in...no burn corrections so far, which is nice. Very light gray ash that fell off in my lap. Dominant flavors and aromas are the same. The tangy sensation on the palate has become more intense. It's so intense, in fact, that it makes me curious about the blend and how this taste sensation is actually happening.

About 2" in...man, I am digging this cigar. It is tasting good and smelling good. No real twists and turns in the flavor. No burn corrections, either. That palate coating tangy sensation is still present, and that's not a bad thing. "Strength" has stayed at a solid medium.

Around halfway...still no burn corrections, which is a feat in and of itself. Main flavors and aromas are still the same, with a faint "baking spice" flavor coming in on the nose exhale. The palate coating tangy sensation has become a little bit annoying, honestly. It was cool and unique at first, but it has required me to take a sip of water after every 2 or 3 puffs. Sort of like drinking an extremely dry red wine.

A little past halfway...burn is still almost perfect (I'm impressed). The palate coating sensation is still there, and still a little annoying, but I guess it's just one of those things you encounter when smoking hundreds of cigars. Maybe if I found a good beverage to accompany this cigar, it wouldn't be an issue. Main flavors are similar, but the "strength" has decreased a little bit. A little smoother.

Toward the end...I poured a small glass of sparkling wine, and it really made an improvement! I gotta say, even with the slightly annoying mouthfeel, that I am really liking this cigar. I've decided that this is a cigar that I need to pair with champagne or sparkling wine.

I let this cigar die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...overall, I really liked this cigar. I am looking forward to smoking another one after a few months of humi time. I'll make sure I have a glass of bubbly to go with it.