View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
HollywoodQue
Invictus

First Name: Howard
Trading: (46)
Bolivar Navy (Served With Honor)
HollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really niceHollywoodQue is just really nice
Default Re: Any Brothers in Guantanamo Bay?

I served in the Navy from 1983-87, and was stationed there for 1.5 yrs. I am sure that a lot of things have changed since then, but I had a great time when I was there. Be prepared when you get off of the plane because the heat was intent and it took me a while to ajust to the heat. There was an outdoor movie theater and one stop light on the entire island. There were a lot of land crabs walking around mainly at night and there is something that is a cross between a rat and a possium called a Banana Rat...its hugh. There are snakes and large spiders and oh yeah...iguana's around the edge of the island.

There was great fishing for grouper and mainly red snapper. There is a liquor store on the base, and there was a disco located on Marine Corp Hill. Make sure that you take advantage of the military hops to Jamaica. Take plenty of music and dvd's. I purchased a motorcycle from a fellow military man as the forms of transportation were limited to a yellow school bus that took you around the base or renting private vehicles from fellow military personnel.

The barracks were decent which 3 of us shared a room. I think there was 3 floors in the barracks...1st floor was males only, 2nd floor was females only, and 3rd floor was for married couples waiting on housing.

That's about it so far...remember, I was there from 84 - 85 so I am sure that a lot of things have changed.

Which branch are you in?
HollywoodQue is offline   Reply With Quote