View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 04:11 PM   #15
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ever seen a wrapper repair this bad?

I highly doubt it was a case of the B&M fixing it. Why go through all the trouble to carefully remove it from the cello, all the while not tearing the sticker holding the cello shut, patch the cigar, carefully put it back in the cello, and then seal it back up. Again, this isn't a cigar shop more than a tobacco shop. My experience with most of these places is they could care less about the condition of the product, just whether you buy it or not.

From what I can gather, these sticks are a collaboration between DE and Rocky Patel. The sticker even has the RP logo on it, but clearly states the cigar being the Java Mint and the size. The pics I"ve seen online show it coming in a DE box. Possibly RP rolls these and DE distributes because they're more known for the infused cigars?

Anyway, not to get into a big discussion about DE's production standards. I just thought it highly odd to get something like this from what appeared to be straight from the factory.

And no, it wasn't the same B&M. I"m in Michigan, no where near CA.