View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
ysr_racer

Default Am I being too picky? (picture heavy)

I recently bought (and returned) an expensive handmade humidor. I saw pictures of it online, and thought it looked nice.

It was advertised as a handmade hardwood humidor. When I got it the first thing I noticed was the box it came in was used three previous times. If he's saving trees, OK. If he's not, it's shoddy.

Next was the packing material used. It looked like it was a bunch of crap he had laying around the shop. Foam peanuts, cardboard, and a broken up Styrofoam cooler. Again, if he's saving trees, OK. If he's not, it's shoddy.

When I opened it up the first thing I saw was how the lid fit. Actually it didn't. But here's the crazy part, it's made that way due to the hinges not being countersunk. Next up was the writing on the magnetic strips that hold the humidifier. Again, shoddy.

And last but not least, it's a hardwood outside around a pine box, not a hardwood box.

When I called the maker he said I was the only person that complained, and he's sold many like this. He told me it wouldn't leak. I told him it looks like **** and I'm sending it back.

Am I being too picky?