View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #13
md4958
Captain Cannoli

First Name: Moe
Trading: (62)
HUpmann
md4958 has disabled reputation
Default Re: How can I identify if I have CC or fakes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd7400 View Post
I wasn't for sure if there was some way to tell by the way they were wrapped or something that I could use to identify.
If you had a parejo (a straight sided cigar) you can sometimes rule out fakes by the cap. Cubans will have a triple cap (shown below)

However, this is not a tell tale sign of a real Havana, as even some NCs (Tatuaje, Pepins, etc) have started finishing their cigars with triple caps. Its more of a way to rule out a cigar from being real- no triple cap =fake.

If you want to sacrifice one, you could always cut it open. If the filler is made with scraps, then unfortunately they are fake. If they are made with long filler, again, youre one step closer.

If youre enjoying them, it doesnt really matter if they are fake or real. They might just be some very good cigars, maybe even made with Cuban tobacco... just not "authentic" Monte 2s. The only reason I would be curious is because Ive heard of some real nasty $hit found in those fakes.

"One fart can foul the air for everyone" - Esteemed philosopher
"If avoiding the nasty $hit is being a snob, them I am guilty as charged."- Same esteemed philosopher.
md4958 is offline   Reply With Quote