Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #1244
SvilleKid
Yes I am a Pirate

Trading: (52)
SvilleKid has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boz View Post
Thanks I think it retails at $100+/-. Is it worth that?
Woodford Reserve's Master's Collection is always priced at $100 +/-

Worth it? Depends. If gladly pay that for the original Four Grain or the Sweet Mash from 2 years ago. But was disappointed in the Sanoma Cutler(?) and the Maple Wood if the past. I haven't broken open my bottles of Rye from last year, so can't comment. Honestly, for that money, you'd probably be better off with 2 bottles of Four Rose single barrel. Or, one bottle of Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel strength, and a bottle of Evan Williams single barrel. And maybe change left in your pocket.

I think Woodford has helped promote small batch distilling and given other small batch makers something to cheer about. But they are probably overpriced compared to what's now out there! Does that mean I wouldn't buy a bottle? Only if I could taste test it first!

Honestly, of the seven bottles I pictured several posts ago, NONE were over $50, even the Florida palm, which has a distillation of only 1000 gallons. I'd rather spend $100 on two bottles of small craft whiskeys than $100 on one bottle that has, so far, been only 50% hits with me!