View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #18
stitch
Saddle Maker And Cowboy

Trading: (34)
MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
stitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nicestitch is just really nice
Default Re: Critters that kill just to kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8zeros View Post
Good shooting to get two of them. 45-70? Saddle gun? Interesting choice, what kind?
I used a 12ga. One shot I must have peppered them and they never came around again.
Dogs and prob'ly wolves seem to go for a neck break, grab & shake. There are some mt. lion attacks on yootoob that show them going for a strangle on the throat. I would bet they leave claw marks every time. Not sure that would show up on a winter coat alpaca.
Is there a chance that someones dog got out and did this?
Marlin 1895, Original 1972 model with Ballard Barrel, 405gr. Hard cast Buffalo Bullet ... Over kill I know, Usually I carry the 30-30 But I just felt like taking the Big Bore for a spin.

They were Neck grabbed for sure, One was eaten on a little by the coyote's that were there but one was un touched, but they were both defiantly killed by the neck.
When I shot the first dog the others just looked up like WTF was that ? ... Dumb! .. So I shot a second one and the rest figured it out at that point.
Defiantly at least 2nd generation Feral dogs.