View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 06:57 PM   #2435
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are you reading?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
The Martian by Andy Weir and R. C. Bray

I have to say I was surprised at how good this book was. I could not put it down. The writing had a nice blend of technical details, plot, story and humor. I highly recommend it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CigarNut View Post
WIRED by Douglas E. Richards
Michael, I just dug this thread out to suggest The Martian to you, I finished it the other night. I knew you'd like it. And what's even crazier is that right now I'm reading Wired. What are the odds?
The sequel to Wired is Amped, looks like I'll read that. Right before The Martian I read Diamond Age - Neal Stephenson. Loved it. If you haven't read Snow Crash, you should check out the sample. Great book. I wish he wrote more sci-fi, but he only has one other title in that genre and it sounds sucky.