View Single Post
Old 11-26-2011, 11:36 AM   #57
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread 2011-2012

Aside from that stunner yesterday, with Calhoun's Huskies falling to that Mickey Mouse team from Orlando (with a Jordan on the squad, but not his daddy by a ways), here's the scores that struck me:

Marshall 73 - Cincinnati 69 (OT) = I told you the Bearcats might have trouble with this one. Had I the stones, I may have picked the Herd to trample them. It's early in the year, and Cincy could rebound, but two mid-major losses already (Does Presbyterian count as a mid-major? ) does not bode well for their Big East chances.

Harvard 46 - # 22 (yeah, OK) Florida State 41 = And I told you that Haa-Vaad wasn't a cupcake also, though this win was as much a factor of the ugliness of the game overall. Hey, it was tied at 14 at the break! The Semiholes are supposed to be defensive monsters, so maybe they defended their own goal here.

# 7 Louisville 59 - Ohio 54 = Yes, I said Ohio, the Bobcats, and not OSU, the Buckeyes. Talk about your ugly wins, it can't get much worse than this without being an ugly loss.

Mississippi 64 - Miami 61 (OT) = I expected a good game in this one, and we got it.

New Mexico 72 - Washington State 62 = And I'm not surprised at all that PAC-12 teams continue to stink up the joint.

N. C. State 82 - Elon 67 = But this one surprises me a bit, albeit in a good way. Remember, Elon beat South Carolina earlier, and I figured Jerry's Wolfpack was only a step or two above the 'Cocks. Therefore I consider this a better win than you might.

Northern Iowa 64 - Rice 60 = Another good game, like I felt it would be.

Murray State 70 - San Francisco 67 = Congratulations to Joe's Racers for taking one I thought they'd lose . . . though I'm sure he had a few sweaty moments towards the end. After all, the Dons only scored 19 in the first half, and it looked like MSU would run away with it. But 'Frisco charged back hard in the second stanza to make a nail-biter out of it. Yet this does not detract from what is drfinitely a good win.

# 5 Syracuse 69 - Stanford 63 = And if this other Bay Area squad had played with the same drive, they would have given us the second big Big East upset of the day. I told you Stanford had a shot, and they actually had a good one . . . and would have won, had they just limited the Orange's run at the end.

Charleston 68 - N. C. Asheville 66 = Here's snother I predicted as good, and it certainly was. I'm still not sure what CoC's gonna have before the season's over, but I do know UNC-A has become a decent mid-major program that nobody seems to pay much attention to.

UNLV 66 - USC 55 = I told you 5 'ud get you 10 were you to bet the Rebels over the Trojans, and their 55 was actually 11 short of a push. I saw it coming, but I still don't understand why the Left Coast has fallen off the map so far.

I also still don't see any early games of interest today, with maybe the exception of Siena/Vermont. So I'll take a little break and be back later, once I do find a few contests worth watching.