View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #44
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: College Hoops Thread 2011-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcruse64 View Post
Billy Kennedy's Aggies are having a tough time with Miss St tonight. They are laying it n the Aggies early and often. Not looking good.

Also saw that the Terps got nailed by Bama.

Yeah, One big surprise to me, and one mild one:

Mississippi State 69 - # 19 (for now) Texas A&M 60 = The Bulldogs lost by ten at home to Akron, and I figured they'd have a long season. They may still, and this upset over the Aggies doesn't make their year. But it helps.

# 16 Alabama 62 - Maryland 42 = The Tide win doesn't shock me, as I knew the Terps were down again this year. But I did think they'd make more of a game of it. They didn't, following their 20-point first half with a 22-point second.

Other action I noted:

# 17 MIchigan 59 - Western Illinois 55 = Another bucket or two either way and here'd have been another stunner. Once again the Logans showed an inability to score the ball. They can't keep this up for long without taking one in the snout.

Penn 78 - Rider 72 (OT) = Aside from being a war, this one's a surprise because I did not think Rider could make this much of a game of it.

Seton Hall 69 - VCU 54 = And this one's one because I did not think the Pirates had a chance in hell. Yet not only did they prevail, they won handily.

# 15 Arizona 81 - St. John's 72 = But this one seems about right to me. As I've said, I'm not totally sold on the Desert 'Cats yet, while the Johnnies can play tough in MSG or the Louie Dome. If you're a 'Zona fan, be happy with it and move on.

San Diego State 56 - USC 54 = And this one was the struggle I expected, though I could not predict they'd both struggle so much offensively. A nice win for the Aztecs, and hopefully a learning loss for the Trojans.

As with yesterday, we already have some scores today:

Purdue 85 - Temple 77 = Not the nail-biter the Boilermakers had against the Gaels, but maybe a tighter fight with the Owls than they'd hoped for, I'd imagine.

Tulsa vs. Northwestern = With under 4 to play as I type, this one's still to close to call . . . which is what you'd think.

# 19 (for now) Texas A&M vs. St. John's = And closing in on the half, the Johnnies are hanging within 2 or 3 possessions with the Aggies. Maybe yesterday we'd not thought this, but it's easier to believe today.

# 6 Duke vs. Davidson = In Cameron, so these Wildcats only have a shot if they can borrow little brother Seth Curry for the night.

Seton Hall vs. St. Joseph's = Here's one of those that could be a damn nice tight contest.

TCU vs. Virginia = And this one too, if the Cav guards can hit a few open jumpers.

Maryland vs. Colorado = The Terps are likely cheesed at the way they stunk up the joint last evening, so hopefully they can give the Buffs a better showing.

# 15 Arizona vs. Mississippi State = Much like the Aggies/RedStorm one above, I wouldn't have given the 'Dogs much chance yesterday against these 'Cats. But that was yesterday, and they are playing today. Keep your eye on this one, as it could be interesting before it's all done.

# 13 Xavier vs. Miami OH = So could this one . . . save for the fact that it's all done before the tipoff.

Houston vs. Arkansas = Hmmmm. Again, this one popped out. I can see it being pretty damn close, wire to wire.

# 21 Marquette vs. Winthrop = And I can see this being pretty damn over by the half.

VCU vs. Georgia Tech = Two teams that need a victory now, and if they both show up this could be some fun.

Akron vs. Valparaiso = I'd give the Zips a definite edge here, but Valpo won't just roll over.

New Mexico vs. Arizona State = In Tempe. The Sun Devils may be on their way up a little, and the Lobos might be on their way down some from last season. Here's another one with potential.

# 16 Alabama vs. Wichita State = Here too, believe it or not. The Shockers may not be able to pull of the shocker, but I think they'll give the Tide some game.

# 3 Ohio State vs. Jackson State = And I think Jack State will show up for this game too . . . if their bus does not break down. Aside from that, it won't matter jack $#!+.

If I get a chance, I'll look at early match-ups on Saturday. If not, I'll get to them tomorrow. Either way . . . enjoy.