View Single Post
Old 12-24-2009, 03:53 AM   #4
kzm007

Default Re: Looking for Samsung Story Station 1TB repair

[Warning: I go off-topic a little]

I was actually a day away from reverting/backing up everything back to my faithful WD 250 Passport - my first one, I dropped, and it killed the platter, but since I bought a second one, and keep it in a case, I trust it as much as my laptop HDD, which I need to back up, I know. I don't consider myself lazy, I just getting my finger in too many pies at once.

I planned on buying a blu-ray writer and burning the songs, maybe just DVD even - after Christmas when I had money - stupid Wal-mart, but that's another thread, trust me lol

I've got a guy that charges me fairly compared to what I've seen online - I know it's pricey, and he's essentially just gonna do what you suggested I think, Volt, tear it down and build it back up.

I'm not touching the damn thing, I don't trust myself. Hell, I don't even 'safely remove drive' before disconnecting an external half the time, because Windows tells me that it can't stop the operation for me to do so - why? I often see the drive listed, plus the drive letter listed, too. Both of them sometimes it cannot stop it's telling me.

FML...google that if you don't know it, anyone.

And thanks, Volt. I'm just pissed over this, plus my phone died, so I had to buy a new one, Verizon's not gonna credit me for the days I missed not having one, I've got body pains from my CP, a surgery soon, and I've dropped school worries at the moment. I'm out of school, I kind of miss it, even if it sucked, and my grades are low. My mom's got a lot of issues stressing her at the moment, and I'm low-tier I hope, but I'm sure I add to it.

Without music, I really do go nuts, and I wish Verizon had bought the iPhone rights. I love my Touch, and I love my cell. But I digress. All cellular companies are BS in my opinion. To their credit, customer service was prompt, and "Gary" was polite and helpful, to a point.

So yeah, as for the hard drive, the guy's gonna recover it and take care of it me; probably using the same damn software I saw Ontrack selling. And there's an article in PC World showing that fire-burnt drives can sometimes be saved; they essentially roasted a platter.

I've researched it, I understand the fragility of it, and of data, and if I weren't so mad currently, I might be interested in some hobbyist hacking and DIY work.

-Smiles- Thanks again folks. Merry Christmas. Don't let people like me darken your view of the world. Bah humbug, as he said and Volt, I may PM you shortly with some other questions, if you don't mind.

Again, God bless, or whatever I can say that is politically correct.