First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Properly Seasoning a New Humidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikethegoalie32 View Post
ok perfect.
Again I assume it is done on the OUTSIDE of the humidor. Also, I assume I can just take out all shelving to avoid extra stink time. Thirdly, just store my current cigs in a cooler with the humidification stuff I am using until then?
Opinions vary on the inside or outside of the glass application. I personally believe that if you use a silicone sealer that is non-odorous when dried, ie; GE Silicone-II, then it doesn't matter, so use it on whichever side you prefer as "better" for you based on aesthetics and ease of application.

Some people will go as far as to pull the wooden retainer strip/trim on the backside of the glass, lift the glass out, run a bead on the outside lip, then reset the glass and run an inside bead before finally reinstalling the trim.

Yes, just go ahead and move your cigars and humidification to a tupperware container or cooler while you wait for the repairs to complete - depending on what you are using for humidification, you might need to keep an eye on the RH if things are going to be in there for a long time.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote