Thread: CigarBid
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 03:41 PM   #18
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: CigarBid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin5 View Post
Most of the time, I find people are bidding way higher than they should.
Then there's times no one is bidding & you can make a steal of a deal.
Couple of weeks ago being an example of the latter.
I scarfed a box each of Espinosa Maduro Belicoso & Corona Grande, a box of Torano
Noventa Santiago, 5-ers of EP Carillo Natural 52, Fallen Angel, J.Fuego Corojo Oscuro
Churchill, & Torano Loyal Robusto, plus 2 8-packs of My Father & Friends sampler.
Total cost with shipping was $239.95.
Considering the Espinosa boxes alone usually go for $145 & $155 each, I'd say I did OK.
Nice scores!
I always have a set maximum bid and stick with it. A lot of boxes get re-posted for a few weeks so if I don't win it the first time I just keep trying.

You can also get some pretty good deals on the Free Fall. I just got a fiver of Diamond Crown Julius Caesar Toros for $43. Their normal selling price is $65. The lowest they reached on the Free Fall was $39 but I wasn't quick enough to grab them.