View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #22
MurphysLaw
Anything can go wrong

First Name: Brian
Trading: (19)
Partagas
MurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really niceMurphysLaw is just really nice
Default Re: How to get started smoking pipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Moo View Post
Downside: Captain Black is pretty moist (and stays that way). Don't be surprised if things get a little soggy at the bottom of the bowl (and needs to be pitched before you hit bedrock) or a pipe goes out a few times when smoking CB - nature of the beast, relighting pipes. Some pipe/tobacco combinations easily burn to the bottom on one light but, outside of experienced hands, most will not.

Upside: you can forget about a half-smoked open pouch for months and it probably won't crumble to dust when you pick it back up.

Sounds like you're off to a better start than I was. I had to call the local fire department to hose down my tongue.
I was very careful to smoke slowly, even slower than I'll smoke a small RG cigar, as I wanted my first experience to be positive. I might pass by my B&M and snag a small tin of something else, they have a sampler set of 1/2oz tins on the website, but it shows them as out of stock maybe I can get the same deal in the store.
MurphysLaw is offline   Reply With Quote