View Single Post
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #24
E.J.
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (21)
E.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the roughE.J. is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Chad Johnson Courtroom Stuff

Yea Scott, I understand that thinking. I don't disagree that him getting 30 days for assaulting his wife, let alone the failure to comply with probation(which was given with no previous jail time, maybe a gift in itself), seems more than reasonable. He could have been sentenced to 60-90 days(assuming that is relatively standard in that area), fine.... He committed a crime, was sentenced to probation and blew it... Personal responsibility, take it or face the consequences.

But it appeared that was past us. His attorney had met with the ADA(assume with input from his probation agent), struck a deal that seemed to be okay with the Judge....then the ash slap. I am just trying to take this from point F to point H.....discounting anything prior.

Though obviously in the minority, I see this as a Judge punishing him for the ash slap....nothing more. Well, actually the courtroom reaction to the ash slap. Maybe that would even be okay, if she would have said, we'll enter the new plea agreement, Mr. Johnson….bla..bla..bla… Now, I am going to address your contempt in my courtroom. At least then he is not being sentenced to 30 days on a domestic, related to his telling his attorney "good job" with an ash slap.

This doesn't appear to resonate with anyone, including the insinuation that I don’t think assaulting women is serious.....
E.J. is offline   Reply With Quote