Old 02-11-2020, 10:32 AM   #6
NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: NCs that don't age well?

My even thought it's probably worth half that ...........

Everyone is different by but my experience is that any good cigar I like now only gets better. You can't make crap into fillet so a cheap crap cigar won't magically become a great cigar. The cigars will change over time. You may or may not like that. I think that's why some say a cigar doesn't age well. Not that it's bad, it's just changed and no longer suits the palate. It just didn't age well for them.

Typically stronger cigars become more mellow and complex. Lighter cigars can get that honey flavor that wasn't there in the beginning. I've got various 10+ year old Pepins (especially the Padilla stuff) that are just getting better and better. Some lighter blends like Cabaiguan just blossom with a bit of time. They become the closest to a cc I've ever had in an nc in a short time. If you like that sharpness of "fresh" cigar, as I do too, just buy more than you can smoke. Then over time, you will have plenty of aged stock to choose from as well as still smoking "off the shelf". The best of both worlds.

The last time I was at the Shack Herf, we had a circle of well aged cc's going around. A 12 year old Fuente Hemingway Signature was secretly introduced to the circle and it held it's own , it was fantastic!

I guess you'll just have to have a long term experiment to find out.
NCRadioMan is offline   Reply With Quote