Old 10-21-2012, 06:52 PM   #1
omowasu
Fell ROTT

First Name: Scott II
Trading: (3)
JL
omowasu has disabled reputation
Default Pacific Cigar Co Double Corona - Golf Pro Shop Cigar

Pacific Cigar Co. manufactures the cigars you will find in golf pro shops and country clubs sitting behind the counter in "humi-tubes". They also custom label cigars for various events and sponsorships.

Supposedly the humi-tubes are supposed to lock in humidity therefore not requiring separate humidification. Really, its just a plastic test tube with a plastic lid. No magic there. This cigar was huge and had been sitting in the yard-gar humidor for a couple years, so figured I would light it up and get to mowing.

Man, do I regret firing this one up. This cigar was just plain bitter and sour nastiness. I couldnt even tell if I was smoking tobacco or some other bitter greens. After the second draw, I started to produce saliva and drool like a St. Bernard in heat. Now I know why everyone at the golf course smoking these things are also spitting constantly.

I tried to make it up to the first third mark, but just couldnt do it. The bitterness was overwhelming, like chewing on weed stems - in fact, some parts of my mouth were getting numb from the pure bitter agony. The burn was straight, but nasty looking with a creeping dark grey soot going down the wrapper like the diesel stack of an old semi.

This could easily be one of the worst cigars I have ever had. This one said "made in the Phillipines" on the tube. Rumor has it these are made in the Dominican Republic, but I have to doubt that. Stay far, far, far away if you value your tastebuds and your golf score.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pacific.jpg (48.0 KB, 251 views)