View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #204
BSB
Feeling at Home

First Name: Bob
Trading: (13)
Partagas
BSB will become famous soon enough
Default Re: COFFEE: What are you drinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobarbq View Post
RE: The coffee I got at Sam's.

It's been my experience that Sam's won't keep anything nearly that long if it's not selling. They are not bashful to get rid of it and chalk it up to experience. I first saw it on their shelf about 3 months ago and it was considerably higher then. Although it apparently didn't sell well, (no name recognition) it is "Farmer Friendly" coffee out of the El Recreo Estate in Jinotega region of Nicaragua and roasted by Mayorga Coffee out of Maryland. For those whose tastes are not quite as exclusive as using hand-roasted coffee, or those who don't have their own garage roaster, I found it more than adequate. Living on a fixed income, I like to find a good buy myself. Ground coarsely and in a french press, it tastes like "cafe" coffee to me, but I may be wrong. I know it paired quite well with the Frank Llaneza 1961 I had today.
If you found it "more than adequate" and are happy with it, then it's cool. You could be creating nirvana in that french press though.
The Panama Voc Est, is better with 1 more days rest. Cocoa powder, some nuts, better body, fuller flavor, this is good coffee.