View Single Post
Old 09-26-2013, 04:36 AM   #4152
Smokin Gator
Just plain insane!

Trading: (106)
Partagas
Smokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to beholdSmokin Gator is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
Thanks for the compliments. I will be getting lump charcoal next time. I stocked up on the KB when they had the Memorial Day sale. I'm too cheap to ditch it, so I'll have to burn through the 120lbs or so I have left. Since you regularly do chuckies, do you have a different rub for them or do you use the same one you'd use for pork?
I use a different rub for beef than pork. My pork rub has way to much paprika in it for beef IMO. My favorite commercially available beef rub is Plowboy's Bovine Bold. Sometimes I use that and sometimes I just use Spicy Montreal Steak Seasoning.

I know I wasn't very clear on the charcoal, but I was talking about briquettes. I can't remember if I have ever used lump in my UDS. Either way is an upgrade from the K in my book