Old 12-04-2010, 06:39 PM   #145
Ahbroody
Daddy x 4

First Name: Mike
Trading: (53)
HUpmann
Ahbroody has disabled reputation
Default Re: Being a Hockey Parent

Well today was an odd day. I am writting this to kind of call myself out and laugh at myself. I was not going to write this but felt I should as a reminder.

The last 2 saturday games Micah scored 3 goals each day. Today he scored only one. Its funny I was kind of bummed. I praised him for skating hard and explained to him sometimes its not that easy. He was a little upset. He skated hard made some smart clearing dumps, but just didn't have it. My wife, bless her, smacked some sense into me when I got home. Reminding me majority of the kids in the league have not even scored and I am sad because he had just a good day. So yeah today I was "that dad" and my wife smacked me around.

Side note we have a retired Sgt. from another city in our beat. My Lt. Met this guy a few days ago over some concearns he had and the guy showed him his mancave and stogie collection. Today my Lt had us do a little community policing and meet the guy. We start talking and I get a permanent invite to his mancave anytime. Also find out his boy now with the Sheriffs Office played travel hockey for the Santa Clara Blackhawks and SJ jr Sharks till age 20. We talked hockey for a while.
Ahbroody is offline   Reply With Quote