View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM   #29
druturn

Default Re: Top 10 Beers Of All Time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbright View Post
The only two I have heard of are Shiner Bock and Arrogant Bastard Ale. I have yet to try the ABA but I had a Shiner Bock today and really enjoyed it. I picked up their variety pack of 6 different beers and so far have had the original Shiner Bock and the Hefeweizen (I think I spelled that right?) and really enjoyed them both. I believe they make the Hefeweizen with orange and lemon peels and honey. I followed the pour directions on the bottle and garnished with a lemon slice. Very good brew. Have you had a chance to taste it?
I have indeed actually! I tried that exact sampler just the other week and was thoroughly surprised at how good the different beers were! To be honest, I didn't even know that Shiner even made different styles of beer other than their Bock! Now I REALLY need to make a trip down to the brewery in Shiner considering I am only a few hours from the brewery!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benedic08 View Post
We have the same taste! I love Franziskaner Heffeweizen! I prefer the non Dunkel but I love them both!
You are speaking my language!! In case you were wondering, the opposite of "dunkel" is "helles," the two meaning "dark" and "light" in German.